Putting Steps Into Practice
Creating a Plan for Success
- Create your weekly organization. Write out your meal planning times each week and include the new food trials you intend to do.
- Try to limit shopping to twice a week with an organized list
- Schedule time for your new food trials where you can devote attention to your child and the process
- Make a running list of ideas to incorporate at the dinner table to expand conversation and create a positive environment.
- Don't forget to offer yourself grace. Schedules change, emergencies happen, dinners fall apart - it's ok. Teach your children the ability to "plan B" it and adjust to inevitable challenges.
For more resources, check out the following:
For interactive, fun recipes:
Book: Adventures in Veggieland
Author: Melanie Potock, SLP
Book: Fearless Feeding
Authors: Jill Castle & Maryann Jacobsen