Job Shadowing & Observation
Summit Medical Group provides an opportunity for individuals to experience jobs for those interested in the health care field. Observational experiences are designed to help individuals learn about healthcare careers.
Clinical preceptors and Healthcare observers are not entitled to compensation and benefits. An affiliation agreement must be in place before an assignment can occur.
It is the individual's responsibility to obtain a clinical affiliation agreement and a Summit location/preceptor that they will be shadowing.
What We Offer
Program participants have the opportunity to:
- Observe specific healthcare career interests
- Experience a medical office setting
- Observe duties and responsibilities of health care employees
- Observe interpersonal communication skills in a professional atmosphere
- Develop a relationship with healthcare professionals
IMPORTANT: Individuals who are eligible for the observational experiences must be:
- at least 18 years of age
- affiliated/enrolled in an educational institution with an approved clinical affiliation agreement with Summit on file.
Observational Opportunities by Department
Summit Medical Group offers shadowing experiences in the following departments:
- Nurse Practitioner
- Practical Nurse
- Medical Assistant
- Front Office
NOTE: Not all clinical areas are available for observation. All questions should be emailed directly to Human Resources.
If this program sounds like a good opportunity to learn more about a potential career in healthcare, download this PDF and follow the instructions.